Sunday, October 11, 2009

Wedding Weekend

I stewed over my decision for weeks but finally we decided to send the kids to Erica's house and leave them for a few days. An old high school friend of mine was getting married in Pennsylvania and Shaun and I made a weekend of it. At first I was really nervous about leaving them. I trust Erica with my life, more importantly, my kids; that wasn't the problem. Could I be without them for two days? Once we got on the road It was so nice to just be me and Shaun for a little while. The wedding was really pretty. Right on the river at sunset and the reception was gorgeous. It turned out to be exactly what Shaun and I needed. And the kids didn't miss me one tiny bit!

4 comments:

millerjk said...

With Aunt Erica how could they possibly miss you! Glad you and Shaun got some time together!

Stephen and Gabrielle said...

It is usually the mom who worries that most about this - and nine times out of ten the kids do just fine. I am resolved to leave me kids more often:) There is no better cause than marriage enhancement.

Jones said...

I totally understand...Trev is always trying to plan weekend getaways, and it's me wondering how I'll be without the kids (wondering if they're okay and not enjoying myself) that worries me the most. I'm glad you had a good time!

S. said...

Props to Aunt Erica. She had four children under four asleep at the same nap time!