Alex has a flu for the last few days and this morning he woke up with his fever down to 100 F. A responsible parent would have told him he needed to stay home from church so he didn't get the other kids sick, but I had a moment of selfishness. Today would be Alex's first primary program in church and I just had to let him go. He sat so quietly up in the choir seats. When it was time for the sunbeams to go up and say their parts, he surprised me by confidently getting up and saying his line, "I came to earth as part of a family. Yes, I cried. The bishop later told me that though he loved watching the children present the program, it was more fun to watch the parent's faces as their children got up. Like a typical sunbeam, he sang the little parts of the songs he knew and almost fell out of his seat. We did take him home after Sacrament Meeting so he didn't have time to really interact with the other kids in Primary. Hopefully that limits the spreading of any of his germs.
The weather was so pretty today that I took advantage of it to get a picture of Alex to hang up on the wall. He gave me all number of faces and I thought I'd share. Love this kid!





This is Alex's, "Say Cheese" face.
3 comments:
Such a handsome young man...
Great pictures and great faces! :) And I think I would have done the same thing - I am waiting (im)patiently for my first primary program.
You can be selfish--you've earned the right to see him on the pulpit--just like I have earned the right to actually see my husband participate in graduation dang it! Yes there is a story:) Dang, I love that kid...maybe the tradition of marrying older women will continue in your family:)
Post a Comment