Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hershey Park

Today Erica and I decided to venture off to Hershey, PA and visit Hershey Park. I really thought Hershey Park would be a quaint little amusement park with a few cute rides... I was very wrong. It was huge. All of their rides were on top of each other so you didn't have to do as much walking as you might have a to, but the park was still huge and even with absolutely no lines, we didn't get to ride on at least half the rides. There was so much to do. When you first walk into the park there are employees that assign you a height candy. Alex and Andrew were "Miniatures" and Eliza was a "Hershey Kiss." Then at every ride there is a sign saying which candies are tall enough to ride it. I couldn't believe how many rides there were for Miniatures. Alex loved the Carousel. Alex also got to ride the Tilt a Whirl, Scrambler, Big and Little Log Rides, and a score of little kids rides.

Alex is the littlest kid in the red shirt.

One of Alex's favorite rides was the Frog Hopper Ride. It pulls you up 15 feet and then drops you 3 or 4 feet, pulls you up a little and drops you again. Alex loved that ride. It kind of made my stomach flip over, but it was fun to see that big smile on his face. We rode it over and over again. At one point I got to ride it with all the bigger kids we had with us. From the left, Anja, Carter, Alex, Me, Andrew, and Eliza. Andrew wasn't such a fan. Everytime the ride would drop he would yell at the ride attendent to "Stop doing that!" We got to meet a chocolate man. Annie thought he was facinating. It took some work to get this picture of her looking at us. She wanted to stare up at the giant candy bar. She's a girl after my own heart. [Photo] She had lots of fun. There weren't many things that Annie could ride on, but seemed to have fun anyway. One thing she could get on was a mini log ride. It was small and very calm but there was one five foot climb and then a slow drop that she loved. To Annie, I bet that ride was huge! We stayed pretty late and the boys are used to having regular naps. But even though they didn't get their naps, they stayed well behaved. About 5 o'clock Alex started to get really tired. I have a Sit and Stand Stroller so there was no place for him to lay his head down. He started to nod off anyway and did the whole head bobbing thing. He almost fell out of the stroller. We finally put him in different stroller where he could rest his head and take a little nap. We can't wait to go back again. I really wanted to go to Chocolate World too, but we just ran out of time. I will be going back someday to visit Hershey again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Penny, you've given birth to a couple of party animals!! Maybe we can go when I come to visit!

Bonnie said...

Looks like you all had a great time. We have been thinking of doing that and now we are going to for sure. Thanks for bloging.

Sheri and her Men said...

That is so cute. It looks like you had so much fun! Your kids are gorgeous.

Anica said...

That looks like such a fun place to visit. I loved all the pictures.