
Alex was very excited to go since birthdays mean cake and ice cream, and balloons. They also tend to mean pinatas. Since the kid's parties that I go to seem to be mostly little little kids, the whacking of the pinata proves unsuccessful. So Eliza had a pull string pinata. Alex loves those since he can really participate, and he really likes running after the candy when it falls.

Annie had fun at the party too.

She has a thing for balloons.
FLASHBACK: My first memory of pinatas was when I was around 8 or 9. It was Halloween and the family across the street had a little party for the neighborhood kids. I was so excited to go. I made my own costume and everything. I remember thinking I was pretty clever. I decided to go as a Crayola Crayon. A green crayon to be exact. I took a piece of green poster board and made it look like the Crayola Crayon wrappers. Then I cut out a pointed hat for the crayon tip and wore a green shirt and pants. I was the cutest crayon you'd ever seen! I'm at this party and I really don't remember a whole lot about it, but I remember whacking the pinata. And even more I remember when it broke, and all the kids went diving for the candy... and there was me. Wearing my crayon costume, basically a cylinder tube that made it absolutely impossible for me to bend over at all. So there was all that lovely candy and me powerless to get any. I probably cried, I don't remember, but I do remember thinking I had a rather stupid costume, and I'd never be a dumb crayon again.
4 comments:
Oh my, I'd forgotten about your crayon!!! Amazing what comes up as the kids grow up. Still, you were the cutest green crayon ever!
You looked seriously adorable that night. I remember rubbing it in that you didn't get any candy but secertly I was jealous that my costume was really stupid compared to yours.
How sad! I can just see you standing there wishing you could bend over. Breaks my little heart. I'm sure you were cute though...
K, so here's a freaky "its a small world" moment. The Snows were on our first Wymount ward. Actually, it was the BYU 1st ward! We lived there when Eliza was born!
Post a Comment