Thursday, June 5, 2008

Interestingly enough, we never lose our luggage!

I wonder how some people sleep at night. Right after Alex started to crawl someone stole our video camera. I loved that video camera, but I would have let them have it if they would have left me the dvd. Take the camera, but please leave me the memories. Also, Tow truck employees... how do they sleep. I know they have their place, but I got towed a few weeks ago... in a residential area (granted permit required)... in the middle of the afternoon when there was, what, three other cars in the parking lot. Really, they weren't protecting anyone. They were just being petty. The guy even said he only towed me cause there was no one else to tow. That sounds like an idiotic excuse. We also had someone stealing our mail for a while. They took packages off of our doorstep. It's ridiculous! What kind of person goes around stealing packages off doorsteps! Then today, Shaun was down in DC scouting out where he was going to take his CFA exam on Saturday and in the 10 minutes that he was away someone busted our passenger side window and stole his briefcase. The only thing in his briefcase were his CFA study manuals. When you are two days away from the test, those are invaluable. Luckily the thief wasn't impressed and threw his briefcase in the bushes. In the end, we didn't lose anything except for a couple hours of studying and the $180 to fix the window, but we got lucky. I hear stories of friends who have had things stolen. Who do these thieves think they are? Do they think they have some right? There are some people with some major entitlement issues out there.

However, it could have been worse. I'm out a few dollars, but it could be worse. I was putting Alex to bed tonight and as always he wanted me to lay down next to him. He leaned over to me and said, "I love you, Mommy" and then gave me a kiss on the cheek. As corny as it sounds, as long as I have my family, in the long run the rest just doesn't matter. I just have to remember that.

1 comment:

Anica said...

That is crazy. I'm sorry for your loss of both things.