Thursday, June 12, 2008
I'm a Photoholic
I will admit I love cameras. My sister had a shirt that said, "If you saw a man drowning in a river... what speed film would you use?" Ok I'm not that bad, but anyone who's around me at all knows I love to take pictures. And I absolutely love my Canon Rebel XT. However there are many instances where it's just not practical to take that camera with me... amusement parks, water parks, pool, and everyday places. I bought a fairly basic digital camera when Shaun and I had been married a few months. I loved this camera and it was great in it's day, however, it's coming up on 5 or 6 years old and there are definitely some things about it that are making me nuts. It takes at least 5 seconds to turn on now. If there is anything out of the ordinary about the lighting or movement of the subject, then it could take up to another 10 seconds to take the picture. That's just not ok. What kid sits still for 15 seconds? NONE! This camera goes all kinds of places with me and when I've needed it to take a picture, it's failed on many occasions. Well, my birthday is this month and so Shaun got me a new camera. It's pretty simple again, but it turns on in less then a second, it takes a picture in 1 or 2 seconds and I can edit the video right in the camera. I'm so excited! And it's tiny so I can put it in my pocket. It still takes a back seat to the SLR, but it's a vast improvement to the dinosaur I've been using.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome!
I need to get a small digital camera too. I hate lugging the SLR places. Plus our camcorder broke this year, so I want one that can take quick videos.
Post a Comment