When I was a kid, I'm sure my mom let us have candy from the checkout stand every so often, but I really don't remember it. What I remember eating on the way home from the grocery store was fresh french bread from Albertsons. That was the best treat ever. I still get it for myself. Shaun makes fun of me since I eat all the soft yummy stuff out of the middle and completely leave the hard crust intact. Who wants to eat the crust... my mom... which is probably why I love the middle. We've started doing the same thing with Alex. I try to encourage the non traditional treats at the store. Not that he doesn't get candy his fair share. Yesterday he asked for M&Ms. But when I can, we get french bread, apples, or watermelon. A even better treat is a balloon. There are some errands we run near stores that sell helium balloons. They cost about 75 cents, and they won't spoil his dinner. He loves the balloons! Today I went to Luz's baby shower (she's a very cute pregnant lady) and her mother in law suggested that I take a few balloons home for my kids. The two of them were so excited to see me when I walked in with a surprise. Alex has become interested in magnets on the refrigerator, so the first thing he wanted to do was stick them to the fridge. Funny kid. Annie just wanted to see how many times she could get Alex to fetch her balloon for her when she let it go.

Alex almost 5 months old
This was his first experience with balloons.
No comments:
Post a Comment