Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Fun Filled Morning

Today is Alex and Annie's friend's birthday. Ever since Alex found out he was going to a birthday party, he's been so excited to go. I think I'm going to have to start admitting he's not a baby anymore and even leaving the toddler age and getting to be a kid. I just won't think about it too hard. His friend has a Curious George party, but all Alex sees is balloons and cake. There was also a pull string pinata for the little kids. When the lucky kid finally pulled the right string, I saw Annie and most of them find a piece of candy or two and then run to the side to munch on their new treasure. It was kind of funny to watch Alex, who has a year on most of them, pick up as many as he could, then when he got a bag, he filled it up. We did have to have a little chat when he outright stole candy from another kid's hand though. What was he thinking?
The mom asked me to take some pictures so I took the opportunity to try out my new camera. It's completely different from what I'm used to so it was great practice. The difference in cameras we immediately noticeable to me. I'm excited to see what new things I can do. I like to stay in the world of color; I'm not much into black and white but I think I'll expand my horizons some since I really liked how they can look.
On a completely different note, Alex seems to be trying to understand the words attached to feelings. Last night and this morning he kept telling that he was "grumpy." But he wasn't grumpy. He was just fine. I know that sometimes when I'm just done with my children I'll tell Alex that I'm grumpy and he needs to give me some space. I'm wondering if he now thinks that explaining an emotion means he gets special treatment. I'm probably over thinking the mind of a three year old, but I took the chance to explain to him anyway that just because he's grumpy, that doesn't mean that he can act out on it. Maybe by trying to teach it, I'll learn it!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wonderful Pics:) I love the black and white:)

V said...

The last 3 sentences cracked me up!! That is SO COOL that you have your new camera now--and what a great opportunity to start using it. I love the picture of Alex; the joy in his eyes is contagious.