Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Countdown Day 7 and 8

Day 7 we made hand print Santas...cute, huh?
On Day 8 we made charming little gingerbread houses...except that I don't like ginger bread so we made graham cracker houses instead.   I think the two of them ate as much candy as they used to decorate with.  Annie covered her roof with "twinkle lights." Alex ended up with multiple chimneys and he built shrubbery all around his house.  Honestly, they exceeded my expectations.  I figured there would be just candy scattered about, but they put some thought into their houses.  Annie thought they were pretty and tasty too.   I discovered the frosting and graham crackers are delicious together.


Look who discovered his thumb!
I haven't decided if this is a good thing or not. I'm pretty sure that every member of my immediate family sucked their thumbs growing up and we turned out ok... but I think I'm going to keep trying the pacifier. On the bright side. If he does turn into a thumb sucker at least I'll never have to go searching around for a pacifier.

1 comment:

V said...

I love the handprint Santas! We are definitely copying that one.

The thumb-sucking picture is so cute.
Bradshaw at a certain age (I can't remember if it's 3, 6, 9 months) would lose his binkie during the night, not be able to find it or stick it back in, and cry until it was returned to his mouth. And this would happen again and again all night. Bah. Thumbs can be awesome!