Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Countdown Day 16

I planned today's activity...really, I did.  Today we played in this year's first snow.  I walked into my dentist appointment right as the very first tiny flurries were coming down.  I was shocked to see an inch of snow an hour and a half later when I came out again.  Annie and Alex were ecstatic.  They raced to the back yard and went sledding.  They threw some snowballs and danced in the snow. 
I told Alex that he could earn two dollars by shoveling the snow in the front yard.  Two dollars was payment for uncovering all the concrete. After 30 minutes of shoveling he decided he couldn't do anymore.  I couldn't see concrete but I gave him a dollar for his effort.  Later that night we discovered that our awesome neighbors had come and finished the shoveling and salted.  They're great!

No comments: