I have a new favorite water park. In March of this year, Sea World opened a new park called Aquatica. Growing up in Florida, I've been to my share of water parks. This one had them all beat. But mostly because of the kiddy section. The big family slide was a lot of fun, and the big single rider slides were good. I enjoyed the rapid river and the lazy river. But the kiddy section was hand made just for Alex. There were three main slides. There as a very slow slide that even Annie could ride on. Alex wasn't too impressed with this ride. I think it moved too slow for him. I got stuck half way down and would have to scoot to finish, but Annie always had a big smile on her face when she got to go down the slide like the big kids. The third slide, and Alex's favorite, was a little longer yellow single rider slide. It was a slide that he could ride all by himself. He had to have gone on this slide at least 30 times and he knew just what to do. It was so fun to see the look of excitement on his face every time he slid down. It also taught him about standing in line. It was a baby slide so there normally weren't more then 5 kids waiting to go down it, but in the morning he would try to cut to the front of the line. By that evening he was starting to understand that the other kids had been there first and he would get his turn if he just ran to the back of the line. Once he went down the slide, we'd hear, "yellow slide again!"
There is one ride that theoretically looks really cool. It's called the Dolphin Plunge. You go down a dark tube that connects with a Plexiglas tube running through an aquarium of dolphins. The whole thing lasts about 15 seconds, and you can actually see the dolphins in the tube (do it quick, you're in that part of the tube 2 seconds) but overall, not worth the long wait. However there are other viewing areas to see the dolphins and we passed one on our way out. I was glad Alex got to see them.
1 comment:
That place looks like a blast!! I would love to go there one day with my kiddos too.
Post a Comment