"Friends are the Family we choose for ourselves." -Author unknown to me.
Growing up we had a friend of the family that we called Uncle Jeff. As a kid I didn't really understand that he wasn't a real uncle. But he loved us and that was all that mattered. Now I have kids, and we don't live near our extended families . Alex loves his Aunt Carley, Sheri, and Tamra, and he loves Uncle Jeremy and "Michael Michael." He loves to call them on the phone and talk to them on the Internet. But he doesn't get to see them very often. So we have "Aunt Tiffany" and "Aunt Erica" who have been just like his family. They love my kids like family, and I don't know what I would do without them. They are there at any moment to help or to love or provide the occasional bit of discipline to help my kids grown up to be decent people. Annie and Alex are better people because of them. And I am a better person because of them. I have learned a few MAJOR life lessons from them. I can't even begin to express how much they mean to me.
Growing up we had a friend of the family that we called Uncle Jeff. As a kid I didn't really understand that he wasn't a real uncle. But he loved us and that was all that mattered. Now I have kids, and we don't live near our extended families . Alex loves his Aunt Carley, Sheri, and Tamra, and he loves Uncle Jeremy and "Michael Michael." He loves to call them on the phone and talk to them on the Internet. But he doesn't get to see them very often. So we have "Aunt Tiffany" and "Aunt Erica" who have been just like his family. They love my kids like family, and I don't know what I would do without them. They are there at any moment to help or to love or provide the occasional bit of discipline to help my kids grown up to be decent people. Annie and Alex are better people because of them. And I am a better person because of them. I have learned a few MAJOR life lessons from them. I can't even begin to express how much they mean to me.
Aunt Tiffany
Aunt Erica
"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."- author unknown
Well, this week we adopted a grandma, Grandma Snow! She's actually Erica's mother in law, but I'll claim her. She's a sweet lady who loves being a grandma. She was actually the one who inspired me to make the dress I did a few weeks ago.
Cute dress from Grandma Snow
"Our friends should be companions who inspire us, who help us rise to our best."- Joseph B Wirthlin
2 comments:
I'm so glad you have best friends where you live to make life easier and have some help every now and then! I loved the title of the post.
I didn't know you had a blog - your kids are so big and your newest addition is darling.... so glad to see things are well in your family!
Post a Comment