Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Flying
Today we flew to Florida to go visit my parents. Getting two kids on the plane by myself isn't that hard. I put the older one in a little umbrella stroller and I carry the younger one in a baby bjorn. The really tricky part is the first five minutes when I'm carrying the bags to be checked with the kids. After security check it's really not bad. I've flown with just Alex at least twenty times, but I've only flown with both of them maybe twice before today. Most of the time our flights are smooth and the kids are really good. Well Not Today! Actually Alex was angelic. I turned on a movie and he sat quietly in his seat for the entire flight. Most of the time he was sitting completely by himself. Why is that? Because of Annie. She had missed naptime and even though she was beyond exhausted, she wouldn't go to sleep. She also has a cold which makes everything more miserable. So I had that kid. The annoying kid on the plane that cries the whole flight and makes everyone crazy. It was probably an hour into the flight and I was trying to rock her in the back of the plane, and I had hit that point. If you're a parent you know what point that is. I wanted to lock her in the bathroom and leave her there. I wanted to do anything to make her shut up. And I let her know in the only way I could. I told her how frustrated I was with her and I gave her a dirty look. This was wasted on a baby and juvenile, I know, but I still gave her the dirtiest look I could. She proceeded to look straight at me and stick her tongue out at me. Just gazed at me with that little tongue. We had a staring contest for about a minute, and then I couldn't help but laugh at her. All the anger magically floated away and I just laughed. About 5 minutes later she was asleep, and I got to just sit for the last half hour of the flight. I was thankful that Alex had a good day and sat quietly cause he could have made things really bad. As it was, I was so happy to see my mom drive up to pick us up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This was such a hilarious post. I haven't ever flown with both of my children but I can only imagine the post I'd write afterwards. Glad you made it there in one piece.
Oh my gosh, I love your blog. Your such a fantastic mom and your so real. I totally know that point and I know we all hit it sometimes. I totally laughed out loud with the dirty look talk.
Post a Comment