When I was growing up we spent most of our time outside. My parents are pretty active so we learned how to play racquetball, ride bikes, and climb trees. My mom took us out on lots of bike rides. We would all ride our bikes to the 7 eleven that was three miles down the road and get slurpees. If you know my family then you know that slurpees are their own food group. We would also get these hoogies that 7 eleven had. No one but us remember those oh so yummy hoogies. It was good exercise and it got us out the house. Even when we were really little she had a cart that she'd pull behind her bike and we loved it! My mom says we even had our picture in the paper riding behind in this cart. Well, today it went full circle. I had my kids in the cart and I pulled them behind me as we traveled to 7 eleven. It's been years since I was actually on a bike. It's true that you never forget how to ride, but I won't claim to do it well anymore.
1 comment:
Oh girl! I want one of those hoogies SO BAD! Nothing they have now compares to those sandwiches. Ahhh, I miss Slurpees already, GA stinks!
Post a Comment