This is my third mother's day and probably my favorite. Alex has started talking this year and it's making this day so special. Last night I had sent him to bed, and as usual he didn't stay there. He did just sit in his doorway and played quietly by himself. I was reading by the kitchen and I hear him start singing a little song. I sing it to him all the time only I use his name instead. It goes, "I love my mommy oh yes I do. No one could love her as much as I do. When she's not with me, I'm blue. Dear Mommy I love you." He's been singing it a lot lately with different peoples name, but it just struck me as adorable when the whole house was quiet and his little voice was the only thing breaking the silence. Then this morning Daddy taught him how to say "Happy Mother's Day," and we were telling him he would call his grandmas today to tell them Happy Mother's Day. So on the way home from church, amid the comments about bird doody on the car window and his shoes being too tight, we heard "Happy Mother's Day Grandma and Grandma Lutz, Happy Mother's Day Mommy." I won't lie, I cried. As typical for a two year old, his next request was to eat the chocolate they had given us in church for mother's day. Though I will say, I liked the chocolate way better then the flower they normally give you. Anyway, Happy Mother's Day to my mommy, and to all the other mom's out there that I love. My husband's mommy, my sister, my sister in law, and all the other mommy's out there that my job as mommy easier and better! And I as corny as I know it sounds, to Alex's wife's mommy, and Annie's husband's mommy who are raising, who I hope will be, incredible kids.
This is My Mommy!
2 comments:
How cute! I can't believe how much he is growing up. Thanks for the post it lifted my spirits:)
I'm so glad you had a happy Mother's Day.
May I confess for a second? It took me a minute to get Alex's wife's mommy and Annie's husband's mommy. I got it now. And you know what? I hadn't ever thought of those people for my children yet. Nor have I thought much about my son's wife or daughter's husband. I better get off the computer and spend some quality time with these little ones!
Post a Comment