
Today we had a ward activity where the adults played ultimate frisbee and the the kids ran around. It's been raining a lot here and so there were quite a few puddles left on the fields surrounding the park. My son turned out to be the leader of the juvenile delinquents. He went running into the biggest yuckiest puddles he could find. His friends weren't far behind him. Anyone could tell he was having as much fun as possible. Soon Alex was wet from head to foot. To top it off, the ward had provided popsicles. Alex got his hands on a fudgsicle first. By the time he'd finished it, he had a lovely brown goatee and it was dripping down his chest. He went and played in the water a little more and then found himself one more popsicle. A picture is worth a thousand words, and when I get this picture, I promise to post it. He was the epitome of summertime fun for little boys. I hope it's only the first of many times this summer that he gets to have that much fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment