Monday, May 26, 2008

Fun in the Sun

The last few days we have been having a lot of fun at different water parks. We went to Rock Springs. It's a natural spring that runs about a mile. You can take a tube to the base of the spring and float or swim down the run. I've been going to Rock Springs since I was probably 5 years old. It's 68 degrees year around so at first it's really cold, but once you're in it, it really isn't bad. The day we went it was barely raining. Florida rain is warm so it didn't ruin our fun. In fact, it made it more fun. There were only a few people at the park so we had it all to ourselves. Since it's a natural spring it's all sand and trees and rocks. It's not your typical water park. As we were floating down the second half of the run we saw three deer just eating on the side of the water. We were within 5 feet of these beautiful animals. Alex really liked it. He named them Mommy Deer, Daddy Deer, and Alex Deer. Later that afternoon we saw another deer that he named Annie Deer. When the park is full, there is no way the local wildlife would come out like that. Annie loved the water, Alex did too, but he had blue lips by the time we make him get out of the water. We also went to a zero entry pool at the resort my mom works at. The water was perfect. Alex had fun in the shallow part, but both of them preferred when I picked them both up and walked out to four feet deep water. Annie and Alex liked to bobble up and down in the water. We found some water noodles and Alex used them to float for the first time. I stayed very close though. He did very well, and I think I'll get him some for when our pool opens. It was naptime, so while I was playing with Alex and holding Annie, she put her head down and fell asleep. Jumping up and down in the water must be calming cause it didn't take her long to crash. We took that as our cue to leave. Today we went a local splash park. Both of them were excited to be back out in the sun! Alex liked to step on the fountains where as Annie liked to crawl right through. We're definitely going back tomorrow!

1 comment:

Sheri and her Men said...

Awww! I wish we could have been there! It looks like the kids are having so much fun! I love Annie's grin.