Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mute Button

Why don't kids come with a mute button. I'm having a awful no good very bad day. It's nothing the kids have done. I think it's a combination of hormones and circumstances. And I love my kids, but today I wish they were silent. I wish Alex would keep all his comments to himself and stop screaming whenever one of his trains falls off the tracks. I wish Annie would just go to sleep instead of screaming in protest that it's nap time. Tomorrow I'm sure I will once again cherish Alex's endless questions and commentary on absolutely everything, but for today I wish they would just be quiet. I remember when Alex was little. He was so peaceful. He didn't randomly yell, "Mom! Annie touching me!" "Mommy, Annie sitting on me!" OK, actually those have been pretty funny. And truth be told, I love the new found verbal skills. Nothing makes me smile more then hearing the developments in his speech. But for today, I wish it was silence. So I pulled some pictures from back in the day when our home was a few decibels lower. I wouldn't give up these days to go back to those, but sometimes I do miss the quiet.

Alex 6 weeks

Alex 5 months Alex 10 months
Annie 2 days
Annie 3 weeks

2 comments:

Anica said...

It must be the moon cycle. Blame it on that. I had a couple of rough days this weekend. Hence, my "my hubby is the best" post.

Are you feeling any better today?

Anica said...

Oh, the pictures are gorgeous! Love them!