Sunday, May 18, 2008

Photo Safari





I took a photo class yesterday at a nearby park. It was mainly focused on the photography of children. It turned out not to be exactly what I was looking for, but I did learn some good things. I got a better grasp on actually using a fill flash, I learned what the P function on my camera is, and I learned that the lighting as the sun is going down really is good. I haven't taken a whole lot of pictures during this time of day, because my favorite subjects are normally pretty cranky by this time. I took Annie as my model this time even though she's been abnormally fussy the last few days. Maybe she's teething, maybe she's just being fussy, you can never tell at this age. But the outside works wonders with my kids. Both Annie and Alex can be having the worst day ever, and going outside will turn it around. She was an angel through the lecture and a good subject to practice on afterwords. I think she just liked eating the dirt.

3 comments:

Anica said...

I think the pictures of Annie are just beautiful.

What exactly does the "P" button do? You have a Cannon, right? I know on the Nikon it's Program...but I don't ever use that feature. I always use "A" for aperature setting, and then set the aperature as low as I can (for most occassions). That is a great tip about doing pictures when the sun is either coming up or going down. That's when I like to do a lot of my pictures is at night. I love the warm glow it gives!

brooke said...

I love your pictures... love them. I may have to talk with you about the photography class. I think Marques told Sean we found your blog, and loved the Thomas the Train post. Let's just say we were there, and next time we'll be borrowing children when it comes to something like that.

Rich and Luz Stearns said...

Penny honey - You're such a good photographer! You really lucked out to have beautiful kids to use as model... Could you imagine having to practice on ugly kids ?? LOL! Just kidding! Well - Annie is just a Georgia Peach! She's ABSOLUTELY beautiful... like her mom of course!!!!!!!!!!!