Saturday, September 6, 2008

Annie's Birthday Party

Birthday Girl
I loved this little hat I found. I couldn't believe that Annie actually kept it on. You could tell that she knew that we all thought she was so cute. And she was cute.
She doesn't understand what it means to open presents, but she did get excited about her new toys. She hot a Fisher Price SUV, a tea set, and some cute outfits for the winter time.
"Happy Birthday to Annie, Happy Birthday to you!" She didn't understand the concept of blowing out the candles so Alex, Eliza, and Tre helped her blow it out. She wasn't too impressed with the cake, but she ate a little bit. I was hoping she would get it everywhere, but she was very ladylike and didn't get too messy... dang it.

She was very considerate and shared her cake with Uncle Rick. (can you see the effects of Tropical Storm Hanna in the background?) I think she liked sharing more then eating her cake. The other kids were eating lolly pops so she left the cake sitting while she sucked on a lolly pop for fifteen minutes. Overall, I think she had fun. But then she just loves being around other bigger kids. I don't think she likes being a little kid. And, I can't believe she's getting so big. We are so glad to have her here. She's so fun.

2 comments:

simplyso said...

She is a doll!!! And she KNOWS she is a cutie!

Bonnie said...

What a cute Birthday girl! Thanks for letting us come and enjoy her 1st b-day:)