I took the kids out for a ride today to go get a Slurpee. I carefully mapped out which way we would go to avoid as many hills as possible. It worked out pretty good, until we got to the last bit up a hill for 200 yards to the 7 Eleven. I pushed myself for as long as I could, my legs were screaming at me and finally I couldn't do it anymore and had to get off the bike and walk it the last 50 feet or so. And out of the cart I hear Alex yelling at me, "Mommy, get on the bike! No walking! Get back on the bike!" I have my own little trainer that is going to push me to get all the way up the hill without having to stop. We'll see if I can do better next time.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Who needs a Trainer
I took the kids out for a ride today to go get a Slurpee. I carefully mapped out which way we would go to avoid as many hills as possible. It worked out pretty good, until we got to the last bit up a hill for 200 yards to the 7 Eleven. I pushed myself for as long as I could, my legs were screaming at me and finally I couldn't do it anymore and had to get off the bike and walk it the last 50 feet or so. And out of the cart I hear Alex yelling at me, "Mommy, get on the bike! No walking! Get back on the bike!" I have my own little trainer that is going to push me to get all the way up the hill without having to stop. We'll see if I can do better next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hilarious!!!
Did you go to the one by our old ghetto of love? I hope not cause that is ONE NASTY HILL!! PS, I tried calling you back today but you didn't answer:( I think I might get back at you by calling early in the morning:)
Leave it to kids to keep you honest!!! I'll get him back for you. When he is in middle school, I'll take him for a Safari with a century ride in the middle!!!! You can come too if you want.
Post a Comment