Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Map My Run

I recently was told about a fantastic website, MapMyRun (thank you Emily!) I'm really trying to push myself to ride farther. This website makes it so you can plot a run or a ride and know what the elevation changes are going to be and how far you are actually riding. I found out that the kids and I rode 9.5 miles yesterday! My goal is to get to twenty miles. Another thing I like about this site is you can look up established trails. There is one that goes from my house to the Torpedo Factory in Old Town that I think I'll try next. It's 12.5 miles so it will be a little more work. It's crazy to see the elevation charts. It shows you exactly what kinds of hills to expect. I grew up in Florida where there are elevation changes but they are few and far between. I struggle most with those dumb hills. Thank goodness for small gears. One other thing it has is a calculation that is supposed to tell you how many calories you've burned on your workout. I wonder how many extra calories I can count considering I'm dragging 50 lbs behind me!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Good for you! That is so cool that you were able to find that site:) Let me know how the torpedo factory one goes:)