Thursday, September 25, 2008

Williamsburg

We traveled down to Williamsburg to play with our favorite family. Apart from the usual trip to the Super Walmart, we spent most of the time being tourists. We ate a picnic lunch in Colonial Williamsburg. We didn't get to spend much time there, but it was beautiful.Erica and I (with no kids) hit the outlet mall about a half hour to closing. We did some speed shopping, hitting six stores in 30 minutes. We ended up only buying one thing each, but it was fun to run from store to store.
My favorite store was the Yankee Candle Store. This isn't like the normal mall stores you see everywhere. This one was a mall in and of itself. It had multiple stores and booths. It had trains that traveled on tracks high above your head. It had an entire section devoted to Thomas the Tank Engine in the toy section. It was a girl's dream come true. I'm sure my husband would have been bored to tears. It had a room that was all Christmas...a darker room with stars on the ceiling and Christmas trees everywhere. It even snow flurried every couple minutes! The cooler weather had started making me excited for the holiday season, but seeing all the Halloween and Christmas things there made me even more excited.
This morning Erica was participating in Eliza's school so I offered to keep her boys while she was gone. I didn't really want to stay home and I was running low on diapers so I packed all the kids up and we went shopping. On any normal day it would be really hard to haul four kids two and younger in and out of stores, but today all four of them were amazingly well behaved. I had a few people ask if they were all mine. I can't even imagine actually having all those kids everyday!
It was just so fun to hang out with her. I'm excited to make a trip back there soon.

1 comment:

E said...

I am counting the days!