These two are so funny. They share a home and a bedroom and a stroller so they are pretty much forced to do just about everything together. They are hitting an age where they don't seem to mind it too much. They are even starting to learn to share. What I think is the funniest are the lessons they're swapping. Alex is teaching her to throw away her own diapers, and how to crack eggs, and how to turn the television off and on.We tried forever to get Alex to use sign language. We started him at 5 months and he successfully used his first sign 10 months later. It made me half crazy. So I was very excited when Annie started signing "all done," not too long ago. We figured we'd concentrate on "more" next and then start on the manners signs. She's been able to sign more for a while now, but wasn't doing it consistently until this week. By the way, she signs it wrong, but exactly like Alex does it. We haven't really been using any other signs cause I'm just not that consistent when it comes to teaching the signs. Then today she was playing a game of pass the paper back and forth with our neighbor on the bus and I noticed she was putting her hand to her mouth every time she handed to him. So just out of curiosity, I asked her to sign "all done" and she did it, then "more" and she did it, then "thank you" and amazingly she put her hand to her mouth. I also just learned she knows how to say please! There's only one person who walks around our house still signing please and thank you. So thank you Alex for teaching your sister something constructive for a change.
2 comments:
YEA!!! Now he can come give Isaac lessons. I get to see you in seven days!
Big brothers can be so wonderful...except when they sit on your face and ....well, you get the picture.
Post a Comment