I put Annie to bed a little early tonight since she didn't get a very long nap, and she fell instantly to sleep. I love it when that happens. We let Alex finish watching his current favorite movie (Veggie Tales, Jonah) and got him ready to go down. It usually works out nicely to put Annie down first since she likes to sleep with the door closed and Alex likes the door open, so putting them down together is tricky. Well, a half hour later, Alex was all ready to go to bed. Usually I lay down with him for a minute or so before kissing him goodnight, but tonight he told me to just leave. A minute later I hear him in the bedroom, "Annie, wake up! Come and play with me!" He was jumping in her bed. I yanked him out of her crib, and pulled him in the living room to tell him a thing or two, but amazingly enough, Annie slept right through it.
Another short story: Alex is good and potty trained, but I don't completely trust him to take the initiate in public places to go if he needs. Especially during nursery when there is so many fun things to do. I few Sundays ago, I went up half way through nursery to check on him and make sure he didn't need to go to the bathroom. When I asked him he told me he didn't need to go, and as I persisted that maybe he should anyway, the nursery leaders informed me that he'd gone a few minutes before and wanted to be left completely alone. He then looked at me and said," Mommy, you go back to Mommy's nursery." I guess he is just getting all grown up.
No comments:
Post a Comment