Shaun's brother, Aaron and his fiancee, came up for the day and we all went to the Baker Historical Museum. It had some interesting antique mining equipment and old time clothes and trinkets. It had a room of rocks that glowed under a black light, and tons of other rocks. Alex was excited to see the mining carts that looked like trains! And more then anything he loved chasing his uncles all over the place. After that we headed over to Sumpter Junction. It's a cafe with an electric train that runs on tracks that go all over the restaurant. Alex calls it the "choo choo food store" and had been asking to go back for a year now.Another day we hit the Baker County Oregon Trail Interpretive Center. It was all about pioneers and the trek they made from Missouri to Oregon. Alex loved the covered wagon displays that allowed you to try to fit everything into a wooden wagon. Even better then that, he liked the full sized display. Shaun and I packed our play wagon with everything we would have taken with us. We left out "unnecessary" things, like coffee, whiskey, bed headboards, fine clothes, grandma's clock, and fine china. I think we would have been more more practical in our packing. Shaun and I had our wagon all nice and packed and Alex wanted to bring a bed. It was completely make believe, but we kept throwing the bed back out of the cart, and he insisted on putting it back into the cart. In his little three year old mind, it was vitally important that the bed make it on the wagon. Annie found a small cheval mirror that she fell in love with... well actually she just like staring at her reflection.




On Sunday, grandma wanted to have a little pre-Easter celebration so she hid eggs for Annie and Alex to find. They can't wait for another Easter very soon.Shaun was kind enough to brave the cold and wind for me. He drove me up into the mountains, far away from Baker City, so I could try my hand at night photography. I was having fun trying new things out until I heard a pack of coyotes not to far away. Shaun swears that there have never been coyote attacks, but I didn't care. When I hear a pack of dogs howling in the middle of the mountains in complete darkness, I ran straight for the car and dived in. (side note; coyotes have been known to attack people, but it's pretty rare) I did get a picture of most of the big dipper. Can you see it? Next time I come to Baker I want to try star trails pictures.
The red line is a plane that went threw my picture.
I can't say I wasn't a little bit excited to be going home. In a month and a half I went on 10 different flights in 3 final destinations. The kids did remarkably well on the plane rides. Looking at Alex you would think he is completely pampered on plane rides, which honestly he is. Annie's favorite part of flying is landing and buckling and unbuckling her seat belt.
1 comment:
Welcome back! You'll have to share your travel tips with me. You must be an expert by now.
Post a Comment