I don't know how Alex remembers flying a kite last year, but when it gets windy (whether rain or shine) he starts to ask to go back. A few weeks back I let Annie and Alex pick out a kite from the dollar section at Walmart. It didn't take Alex long to convince Annie that we needed to get the Buzz kite.

Today was a prefect kite day. It's windy and sunny and warm all at the same time. Alex was so excited to get Buzz up into the sky. He did so much better this year at holding the string tight, and I think he understood running with the kite when the wind died down a little better too.


He did get frustrated when the kite would fall to the ground. I know little to nothing about kites so I have no idea why the kite would blow from way up in the sky and then nose dive into the ground while the wind was still blowing really well. Maybe my cheap little kite just sucks. Alex's attention span lasted about 10 minutes and then he was more then happy to hand the kite off to Annie who had been dancing around begging for a turn.

Annie loved the kite! And even though Alex was done and wanted to go home, he still ran over to the kite when it would fall and throw it back in the air again for her. He really does love her. Annie did surprisingly well and didn't drop the string once.

1 comment:
There's a dollar section at Walmart? I learn so many things from you! I think it is hilarious that Alex is sticking his tongue out while flying the kite. Is that his concentration face?
Annie's seems so young to be able to comprehend that and do so well. Go Annie Babanie!
Post a Comment