Sometimes I forget that what I say is taken completely at face value by my attentive three year old. Things that I don't think much about turn into the silliest things after a while. It all started with our pet fish dying. Then Alex wanted to know what happened after the potty was flushed. Which brings us to today.
Alex: "Mommy, where does Jesus live?"
Me: "He lives in Heaven with Heavenly Father."
Alex: "Well, where is Heaven?"
Me: "Umm..." ::Well, I'm not really sure, I've heard a few theories on this topic. The most predominate ones being that heaven is on earth just on a different plane, and that heaven is on another world somewhere. I don't want to leave him with just an I don't know, and I don't want to try to explain theoretical planes, so we'll go with the far off world choice.:: "It's on another world, Alex, out in space somewhere."
Alex: "Jesus lives in outer space!"
Me: ::Great, I've done it again.::
I thought this exchange was cute, but it wasn't until we got home from church that I started to laugh. My husband tells me that he took Alex to the restroom while we were at church. After standing outside the stall for a few minutes, he called in to see if Alex was all done.
"Yeah, Dad. I'm all done, I just have to send my pee to outer space."
Oh dear, what am I going to do with him?
2 comments:
I love it! And Stephen just laughed his head off when I read the post:)
That's so funny! I'm glad I found your blog. I love the stories you post about your kids.
Post a Comment