Monday, March 16, 2009
I love my Suit
I've never had the perfect body. I'm kind of soft all over and going out in public with a bathing suit has never been something I've been comfortable with. I hate it. Then I got pregnant with Alex and the one time I wore a bathing suit while pregnant with him was completely comfortable. I had borrowed Erica's maternity suit which is more of a dress then a bathing suit and it's completely comfortable and flattering. That next summer after Alex I had to wear a normal suit again. Ugh! Well, the next summer I was very pregnant once more and Alex and I went to the pool a few times a week. I loved it! I love that black maternity bathing suit. It takes away all the anxiety I've ever had about showing that much skin. Well, my parents live in Florida and I knew we had plans to spend time in water on this vacation... but I'm not pregnant! The idea of getting back into an awful suit was mortifying. Then I had a wonderful idea; I could just wear my wonderful maternity bathing suit. I had a fleeting thought that it's kind of a grandma suit if you're not pregnant, but I don't care. I went to Aquatica and played without concern or worry about the extra pounds on my front... and back... well all over. I had so much fun. It was kind of a liberating experience to go out and about without feeling self conscience. It may be the last bathing suit I ever wear!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love my maternity suit, too! And I am tempted to wear it when I am not pregnant!
Post a Comment