Thursday, March 5, 2009

Spring Flowers

Shaun's mom sent the kids a box of wild flowers for the kids to plant. Ever since Alex found this box he's been begging to plant them. So I made him a deal; he cleaned up all his toys and I would help him plant the seeds. But as soon as I opened the front door to help him plant, he discovered the great outdoors and was no long interested in planting. Annie, on the other hand, was all for helping. She seemed to love playing the dirt and filling the pot.
Obviously putting dirt just in the pot wasn't good enough though and she experimented with dirt in her hair, mouth, and pants.After all the prep work was done, Alex was ready to do some of the actual planting. That didn't require much effort, the box said to just sprinkle a layer of seeds all over. So after Alex filled the pot, he moved on the dirt piles around our patio. I'll be kind of surpised if anything actually grows, but the experience is good for them.Last night was pretty warm considering and since the kids were already completely filthy, I let them have at it. They both were mud from head to toe by the time I made them come in and they both went straight into the bathtub before dinner.

1 comment:

millerjk said...

Alex watched a curious george episode about seeds and immediately wanted to plant a garden. We ran to Walmart, bought seeds, and we are hoping for a plot of land in Malta...
Love the pouring the dirt on the head!