Saturday, April 11, 2009

Coloring Eggs

One of our favorite Easter activities is dying eggs. Annie and Alex waited, not patiently, all day to color all the eggs. I don't know about you, but I can only eat so many hard boiled eggs. I hard boiled a dozen and then let them dye another three dozen raw eggs. I was pretty impressed that Annie only broke one of the raw eggs in the process of dropping them in the cups.
Alex figured out that using his fingers was more effective then using a spoon so it wasn't very long before his hands were dyed green. I've washed them a dozen times now and I still can't get all the color off!Normally the Easter Bunny would come and hide the eggs on Saturday morning, but with the forecast being as wet as it is, I think he may have to wait til Sunday instead this year.

2 comments:

simplyso said...

The colors in these pictures are a great backdrop to the smiles on your kids' faces!!! Wow...they really arent' babies anymore, are they?

V said...

They dyed a lot of eggs! Alex's green hand picture is darling.