We have a clock in the living room that chimes show tunes on the hour. It plays things from Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, West Side Story, and Phantom of the Opera. Alex can climb on the couch just so (much to my chagrin) and push the button on the clock that starts it singing. He doesn't know many of the words to the songs so he sings nonsense words to the tunes. He's starting to put together that the clock music comes from actual movies. Today I put in Sound of Music so he could hear the theme song and the "Coo Coo Clock song." That was probably the worst thing I could do cause I have now heard the Coo Coo Clock song 20 times today! He figured out how to rewind the DVD one scene so he can watch it over and over. It is cute to hear him sing with the TV. I'd love it if he stayed interested in some of the classic musical numbers and learned them. His daddy loves theater and so far it looks like Alex could have an interest in that too.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Show Tunes
We have a clock in the living room that chimes show tunes on the hour. It plays things from Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, West Side Story, and Phantom of the Opera. Alex can climb on the couch just so (much to my chagrin) and push the button on the clock that starts it singing. He doesn't know many of the words to the songs so he sings nonsense words to the tunes. He's starting to put together that the clock music comes from actual movies. Today I put in Sound of Music so he could hear the theme song and the "Coo Coo Clock song." That was probably the worst thing I could do cause I have now heard the Coo Coo Clock song 20 times today! He figured out how to rewind the DVD one scene so he can watch it over and over. It is cute to hear him sing with the TV. I'd love it if he stayed interested in some of the classic musical numbers and learned them. His daddy loves theater and so far it looks like Alex could have an interest in that too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment