Monday, April 6, 2009

Task Master

A few weeks ago all was tearing through the house making every bit of noise that he could muster. I told him to keep it down a few times so that daddy could study. Shaun studies at night right after dinner time. Alex doesn't understand what studying is or why he needs to be quiet so tried to break it down for a three year old. "Daddy has to study so he can do good on his test and then we'll be able to get you a back yard." Though the statement wasn't entirely accurate he understood it on his level and ran over to talk to Annie. "Annie, be quiet! Daddy needs to study to buy me a back yard. Andrew has a back yard!" Now when Shaun leaves for work in the morning or hides in the bedroom to study Alex yells after him to study. Today I was talking to Shaun on the phone with Alex dancing around me. "I want to talk to daddy! I want to talk to daddy!" (I hand him the phone) "Daddy study and take your test and get me backyard!" (Alex gives me back the phone). Apparently there is no reason for me to keep tabs on how much Shaun studies. Alex is doing it all.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

HAHA! I love the connections Alex makes. So innocent.

millerjk said...

So funny!