Monday, April 20, 2009

I love Big Brothers

Annie wants to be like Alex. Anything Alex can do she wants to do too. I think her easy transition to a toddler bed was thanks, in part, to Alex's example. Alex runs around naked half the day cause after he goes to the potty it's a battle to get him to put his underwear back on. Annie watches him go and so now wants to spends lots of time on the "bobby" (potty). I have no real desire to potty train her until later this summer cause honestly I don't trust a 19 month old to take responsibility for her potty habits. However, over the last week she has gone in the potty as often as she has her diaper. A few times a day she tells me she needs to go and then does. I keep looking for excuses not to just potty train her, but mommies with more experience then me keep urging me to just do it and of course Annie is trying to do it herself. So this later this week I think I'll try it. I'm not expecting much. I'll give it a week and see how she does, but hey if she actually does it, I'll call myself lucky and enjoy life without diapers!

No comments: