I still can't believe Annie is potty trained, but I'm not complaining either. For the past two or three weeks she's done really well. We still have an accident every other day or so, but nothing too bad. Then this week it's like potty training never happened. She started peeing on the floor all day long! What happened? I thought it might be a relapse so I gave her a crash course on potty training. Didn't help. Maybe a UTI? The pediatrician said no. Somewhere this week my mom suggested that she might be feeling neglected and this was her way of showing me she was mad at me. OK. I wasn't so sure how true I thought that was. But then with all the traveling and home searching, she hasn't been getting much one on one time. So starting last night I began giving her as much quality one on one time as I could fit in a day. Today I neglected my to do list and read her stories, played with her hair, cuddled, made cookies with her, and watched her ride her bike. I didn't bug her about the potty either. And amazingly enough she had a complete turn around. No more accidents. I guess my mom was right.
And my Alex; his word of the day is "cooperate." He kept telling Annie she needed to cooperate with him and his trains to cooperate with each other. He also surprised me with his bathtub behavior tonight. He took a cup of water and covered it with a wash cloth. Then he said a prayer that included asking Heavenly Father to fix the owie house so we can live there, and then he carefully uncovered the cup and told me to take the sacrament. He picks up on much more then I give him credit for.
4 comments:
Annie's an angel.
Alex's sacrament story is incredible. What an observant boy (especially covering it up and everything!)
I'm glad Annie isn't peeing all over the place anymore! You gotta hand it to the girl though....she will not be silent in her displeasure!!!!! I TOLD you she was my mother come back for another go 'round! LOL
I wonder if that love principle transfers into sacrament time reverence. Hmmm....
That is incredible about Annie being potty trained.
I loved Alex's story too. It is amazing what they pick up on!
So dang cute. Wow.
Post a Comment