Sunday, May 31, 2009

Meeting Halfway

My sister, Sheri, and I want our kids to get to know each other better and of course we want to be able to see each other more often, but the expense of traveling can get high. So rather then meet at one of our homes, we met in the middle... Greensboro, NC. That gave us each just 5 hours to drive. Though our kids don't see each other too often, they were instant friends. We went swimming, played at the park, went shopping, and ate delicious North Carolina Barbecue. We spent a few hours in Walmart during Alex's nap time since he fell asleep in the shopping cart. We also bought them matching t shirts which amazingly enough we got them to all wear and smile for a picture.
It was fun hanging out with Sheri. In a lot of ways I think we are COMPLETELY different people. But when we get together, you can tell that we are very much sisters. I spent the weekend laughing as only Sheri can make me laugh. My nephew, Hunter, is getting so big and I love it that Alex, Annie, and he were able to have so much fun together.
Funny Note about Annie's feet. Annie is named after my grandmother, Anna Leitch. One of the talents that grandma had was that she could float in the water with just her head and feet above the water. I thought it was very cute that Annie preferred to float the same way.

3 comments:

V said...

Yeah...I was totally shocked that you had no pictures from this event so I'm glad to see that they will be up soon. =)

Traci said...

Wow! what great pictures to capture what looks like a really fun day. I love that Annie and Hunter look so much alike.

E said...

Sheri, BTW looks like a total hottie in the picture of hunter swinging and her making a funny face--I think she needs to know that!