Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Step Two! Yeah!

My real estate agent has a way of saying things where you know the news before he ever says it. So today when he called with that "brace yourself for bad news" voice, my heart sank. I so wanted the house. I've been making plans in my head and picturing my kids playing in it for two weeks now that I didn't want to hear the words he would say next, "I'm calling with no news what so ever. The selling agent hasn't heard anything either."
What!
I was expecting some bad news that the home had been given to someone else. So we chatted for a second and he told me to just be patient and right before we hung up he stopped me... he had just got an email. The bank had sent us another counter offer. We couldn't get the bank to budge much on price, apparently they aren't coming down, but we did settle on a price. So Step Two. Sign papers and get all the inspections done. Honestly I have no idea what in the world I'm doing so I am so glad there are people out there smarter then me. I'm trying not to completely fall in love with this house until settlement. I'll be praying until then that the home inspector doesn't find any deal breakers in his inspection. But with any luck, we will own our first home the by the end of June!

5 comments:

millerjk said...

I hope things continue to go well...can't wait to see YOUR house!

E said...

I had another thought let me know when you get back from PA!

Traci said...

I've found you don't have to be as patient with step two as you do with step one. Good luck!

daveandlisa said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting. I'm totally know how you feel right now though. Even though you have an accepted offer, you've been working on it for so long that it never seemed like it was ever going to happen and it won't really seem real until you sign those final papers and have those keys in your hand. That is exactly where we are at right now. I really hope that it works out for you guys and that your inspection goes well. I look forward to more updates...

Jill said...

That is awesome Penny!! I can't wait to come visit you in your new house. Congratulations.