Alex walks around the house practicing his phonics. He points to things and tells me what they start with. "Va va vacuum, vacuum begins with V; ba ba book, book begins with B; and pa pa picture, picture begins with P." He gets most of them right, but every once in a while the English language eludes him. "Fa fa phone begins with F." He looks at me like I'm an idiot when I try to explain that it actually begins with PH. One day he'll believe me.
Well, true to form, Annie wants to do anything that Alex is doing so she walks around trying to imitate him. Mostly she says, "ba ba baby, ca ca cracker, and ba ba book." It's cute to listen to her try to copy him.
1 comment:
That's great that Alex is doing that...I think he'll start reading early, or is he already reading?
Post a Comment