Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bits and Pieces

Unless you count fretting and fidgeting as something to do, we haven't been up to much lately. We should find out about the house we want in the next day or two so until then I've been trying to keep myself busy with nothing of consequence. But the kids have still been doing little funny things and here are my favorite.

This morning Alex was playing a memory game on the computer. To get a match you had to get both the picture and the word. Amazingly he would clear a board of 6 matches in about 30 seconds. He can't read yet, so I'm not sure how he was doing it. He can tell you the first letter of most words so I think that's what he's looking at in matching.

Annie is doing really well at going potty all by herself. We do have a few things to work on though. She wants to pee standing up like her brother and every so often tries it. As you can probably guess, that leads to a big mess. She thinks that toilet paper is fascinating and flushed a third of a rolls worth down the potty this morning. She also isn't good at putting her panties back on yet so she puts both legs into the top and one leg and wears the panties around her waist like a tutu. Somewhat less then effective.

I have a great recipe for Zuppa Toscana (I substituted kale for spinach). Last night I made it for dinner. Alex ate all the kale out of his soup (leaving the potatoes behind) and Annie ate all the potatoes and left the kale. Then they switched bowls and finished each other's dinner.

1 comment:

Jones said...

I wish Liam would eat Kale...I have to sneak it in.