Thursday, May 28, 2009

A pretty boring week

This week has been delightfully boring. We've read a bunch of books, played outside, and welcomed the warm weather with watermelon. Alex found a hidden treasure in the clearance books at Borders this week. It has great pictures and a cute story line. Both of my kids have requested "Llama llama Red Pajama" multiple times everyday. I highly recommend it to other moms, it's really cute.This week at Safeway, 80/20 ground beef is $1.49/lb! I compulsively walk down the meat aisle at the grocery store every time I go and price ground beef. When I find it this cheap I try to buy 50 lbs or so to last me until the next time it goes on sale. My freezer is now stocked!

4 comments:

V said...

Penny. I adore you. Thank you for telling me about the meat. I can't wait to stock my freezer too.

I miss your kids. Sorry I also missed your phone call the other day, we were visiting with Jassie and Jeannie.

V said...

And the suspense is killing me...what is going on with your house?

simplyso said...

That's my Girl!!! Why pay full price for food when a little planning gets it in your house on the cheap! And kids, big and small, need those wonderfully boring days, don't you think?

Rich and Luz Stearns said...

That's awesome! Thanks for letting me know, I'm so on my way to Safeway now :)