Saturday, May 16, 2009

Step One... Once Again

Well, we heard back from the two banks we submitted offers to last weekend. The house I really liked ended up getting 25 offers, five of which were all cash offers. We didn't expect to get it and were not a bit surprised when the bank took someone else's offer.
The bank of the other house (that needed some work but will be so cute when I'm done with it), sent us a sad excuse for a counter offer. Shaun got to go see this house with me today and liked it too, just not as much as I do. It has great neighbors which is a huge incentive.

And like a great agent, Mark took us to yet another house. This is a good house, it has it's pluses and minuses. My big concern is that the basement has been flooded. I've been told it doesn't look like a rain issue, more like an exploded pipe of an unoccupied home, but water damage still makes me nervous. It's beautiful on the inside and well kept up and has a great yard so we'll go for it. So today we are writing two more offers. One as a counter-counter offer and the other as a new offer. And it's back to waiting.

1 comment:

E said...

And why the HECK did you not call and fill me in?!?!