I think the greatest gift you can receive on Mother's Day...besides breakfast in bed and the royal treatment... is to know that you are making some kind of difference in the lives of your children. For weeks now I've been trying to get it into the heads of my kids that we share. Mommy shares with Annie and Alex, Alex shares with Annie, Daddy shares with Mommy... we all share. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a wall.
At church on Mother's Day the teenagers pass out chocolate to all the women in the ward to celebrate women. As I received my bag of chocolate this conversation transpired.
Alex: "Mommy, can I have some of your chocolate?"
Me: "No way Jose, this is my Mother's Day chocolate."
Alex: "Mommy, you're in this family and this is a family that shares!"
I guess he listens to me, even if it doesn't always seem like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment