Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Housing Update

We've found out NOT bad news, we'll see if it turns into good news. We sent an addendum to the bank asking to repair some of the bigger problems in our prospective house. Honestly I completely expected them to turn our request down flat. Now we haven't heard anything definite, but the selling realtor said that the bank was getting estimates for the repairs. That means they didn't just flat turn us down! Who knows what they'll do when all is said and done, but there is a glimmer of hope at the end of the tunnel.

With my glimmer of hope I've started to really allow myself to dream. This room is the room that you would see first when you first walk into my house. At first I tried to figure out how to make it gorgeous since it was the introduction to our home. I've since decided that since I have two kids with plans for more, it has much better potential then pretty. We're going to make it a fun playroom. First thing I'm going to do is paint that ugly wood paneling a bright canary yellow color. I'm going to put up hanging rings from Ikea and spread out their toys so they will have lots of room to play. I want to frame Annie and Alex's artwork for decor and put up an 8 inch tall brightly colored alphabet letters across the long wall. And since we really don't have a lot of furniture, I'm going to take apart the chairs we've been using around our dining room table and recover them appropriately for a playroom...maybe balls for Alex and butterflies for Annie!

2 comments:

Brooke Snow said...

Hooray! I hope that all works out for you guys and this house opportunity! We just sent in all the EXTENSIVE amount of paperwork today for a home loan on the house we're buying! So much info! So much work! So much that I don't understand! I hope it works out for you guys! And the dreaming of how you're going to make it "Your" house is so much fun! I like your plans!

Brooke said...

I love the idea of painting the wood paneling yellow-- so cheery and perfect. Way to work with what you have! I'll be crossing my fingers for you.