Since the weather was so nice today we decided to walk to he library. We're playing with Baby Leah today so Alex couldn't ride in the stroller with the two girls and he decided to ride his tricycle. It's the first time I've let him ride any real distance. He did really well at stopping at streets to cross with me. He kept a good pace, riding in front of me so I could keep an eye on him. It wasn't until about half way that he starting telling me that we must have taken the wrong road cause it was so far away. When we got to "Andrew's Park, " he recognized where he was and it seemed to give him his second wind. He finished the ride to the library, making sure he rode through every single puddle on his tricycle. The librarian gave us a huge list of books about trains and then helped Alex find a few to read. You would have thought it was Christmas for how excited Alex got about a stack of train books! We chose a few to check out and bring home and then started the ride back. We got halfway home before he just couldn't go any farther. But I was impressed. According to MapMyRun.com, Alex pedaled 2.16 miles! After that we piled the bike on the stroller and Alex rode the rest of the way home sitting on the parent storage tray. Needless to say, I was exhausted by the time we got home!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Look at him go!
Since the weather was so nice today we decided to walk to he library. We're playing with Baby Leah today so Alex couldn't ride in the stroller with the two girls and he decided to ride his tricycle. It's the first time I've let him ride any real distance. He did really well at stopping at streets to cross with me. He kept a good pace, riding in front of me so I could keep an eye on him. It wasn't until about half way that he starting telling me that we must have taken the wrong road cause it was so far away. When we got to "Andrew's Park, " he recognized where he was and it seemed to give him his second wind. He finished the ride to the library, making sure he rode through every single puddle on his tricycle. The librarian gave us a huge list of books about trains and then helped Alex find a few to read. You would have thought it was Christmas for how excited Alex got about a stack of train books! We chose a few to check out and bring home and then started the ride back. We got halfway home before he just couldn't go any farther. But I was impressed. According to MapMyRun.com, Alex pedaled 2.16 miles! After that we piled the bike on the stroller and Alex rode the rest of the way home sitting on the parent storage tray. Needless to say, I was exhausted by the time we got home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holy cow that is impressive!!! I bet he slept well. I miss Andrew's park:(
Let's see....when Alex is 12, I'll only be....60! Can I take him on a bike tour??? We'll have to get him a better bike of course, and a helmet, gloves, shoes....
Post a Comment