Well, we heard back from the selling bank, and as no surprise to anyone, they did not meet up to the requests we'd made to repair some core problems with the house we want. So Shaun and I have decided that we need to just move on and find another house to make our dream home. It makes me sad in a way cause I can see my kids playing and growing up in this house, however there is the part of me that is kind of relieved. Have you ever seen the movie, "The Money Pit?" So today I'm going to mourn the loss of what could have been, and tomorrow we'll start fresh with a new list of homes to go see.
HUSBANDS ARE SO FUNNY! Well, at least mine is. Shaun and I have been talking about about we would do if the bank came back with certain offers. Last night and this morning I was telling him that though I was ok with giving up the house when the bank came back without a compromise, however, to keep in mind that the market has changed. There are fewer houses out there now for sale and those that are are more expensive. He smiled and nodded at me in a way that I read as "ok, whatever you say, you emotionally attached women, but don't get your hopes up. Well, when I called him a little bit ago to confirm he'd talked to the real estate agent about getting out of our contract, he kind of surprised me with the SAME EXACT SPEECH, I had given him the night before. He started rehearsing back the merits of doing all we can to get this house. I couldn't believe I was getting my own lecture back... almost word for word. Being a finance guy, he now has a new strategy he wants to try that would still allow us to afford to fix this home. It would take us longer, but it could be done. I swear this drama will never end.
4 comments:
Bummer. I know you'll find something even better in the next list of potentials.
Too bad. I haven't seen that movie (The Money Pit) in years...it was pretty funny though. 2 weeks, 2 weeks...
Holy cannoli! (I haven't had internet access in several days...in fact I'm at the M.C. again.)
I'm so sorry!!! You had big plans for that home. Traci's right that maybe there is something even better (and simpler with less fixes) in your near future. Although I am mourning your playroom and backyard with you. =( I hope you find the place soon.
So, based on what Shaun said...are the Lutz's still going for the house?
Post a Comment