Monday, June 15, 2009

Back to the Dentist

Today's trip to the dentist was a success. The dentist gave him some oral sedation drugs to drink when we got there and an hour later he was pretty much asleep. He sat down in the dentist chair with no problems and he was pretty quickly completely out. The dentist was able to fill his cavity and an additional one he found without any problems. While Alex was out, the dentist also did a cleaning, a fluoride treatment, and took some X rays. I'm all for getting it all done at once. Alex was pretty much alert once we left the office. Every few minutes he would stare out into nothing with a drugged unfocused look in his eye, but I figure that's the drugs still wearing off. Honestly I was expecting him to sleep the rest of the morning. After a trip to Toys R Us to pick up a reward, we headed home. The whole thing was a lot less scary then I anticipated. I am glad we are done for a while!

2 comments:

Stephen and Gabrielle said...

So glad to hear that things went well!

E said...

Yay Alex!!! I am so proud of you1