Thursday, June 4, 2009

Annie's Antics

I'm trying very hard to see Annie properly for her age. In my eyes she's still a tiny baby who is completely innocent. But she does things everyday that prove she's got a sense of humor and a mischievous side.

While Annie and I were cuddling today the following conversation took place.

Mommy: "I love my Annie so much!"
Annie: "No Annie, (pointing to herself) Alex"
Mommy: "Your name is Alex?"
Annie: "Yep, (starts to giggle)"
Mommy: "Well, I love my Alex"
Annie: "No Alex, Isaac!"
She went through a series of names, each time laughing at her funny joke.

I was enjoying a moment of peace and quiet and watching my kids play nicely together on the computer. The nicely part would be short lived. Alex was completely wrapped up in his train game and Annie smacks his arm. He ignored it so she did it again. He tells her to stop it and she hits him again. At this Alex lifts up his hand to give her what she honestly deserves, but I offer a word of caution about hitting girls. He does the right thing and goes back to his game. Annie, I can only guess is trying to get Alex in trouble, gets up and hits him forcefully on the arm before running away. Lest you think badly of me for watching this whole thing play out, I did give her a time out for hitting. I just can believe she's old enough to torment him like that!

1 comment:

E said...

I love that picture!!! It is perfect for this post. I could just squeeze that little girl to peices!!!