You've heard the saying, "Don't count your chickens before they hatch." Well, with that there should be one that states you shouldn't throw away the eggs too soon either. More with the drama and this house. After a conversation that Shaun and I had earlier this week, I had completely and totally written the house off. There was no way it would be able to work out so I started looking at other properties to look at and told the kids we were going to keep looking. Then out of the blue the bank decides that they will replace the air conditioning, fix the plumbing, fix the boiler, and fix the gas. We're still under negotiations about what part of the electricity they will be willing to repair. But the concessions they have already made shock me. With the work that they are willing to do, we can now afford to repair the rest of it!
So, we've starting moving forward again. We're scheduled to get an appraisal and today we had a structural engineer come and look at the foundation. Of course, it needs work, but it wasn't as bad as I'd feared. Alex tried to boot Annie out of his chosen bedroom already so we had to have a chat and explain to him they would still be sharing a room. And as I stayed in the laundry room with the inspector, the kids ran around upstairs for a while... I got to hear exactly how noisy two kids can sound on hard wood floors above you.
A tiny, tiny celebration... The cabinet knobs on the top cabinet in the kitchen don't match the knobs on the bottom cabinets. But today I noticed that the cabinets in the laundry room have the same knobs as the top cabinets in the kitchen, (does that make sense) and there are the same number, so I can switch the basement knobs with the bottom kitchen knobs and my kitchen cabinets will all match!
Always Planning...

This is my kitchen. I like the cabinets... I'll like them more when their knobs match... and I like the counter tops and floor. The stove/oven is uglier in person then in this picture and I'm very particular about dishwashers. So eventually we're going to put stainless steel appliences in the kitchen and have them all match. I really want one of those dishwashers that you can't hear when they are running. The short term plan for the awful brown grout is to stain it white (I hear it can be done, but I'm still skeptical), but eventually that tile will be taken completely out.
2 comments:
Wow, that is a lot of concessions on the part of the bank! Good luck with the foundation, etc!
That is great news Penny!! I can't wait to come see you. Good luck with it all.
Post a Comment