Saturday, September 12, 2009

Elmo Birthday Party

Annie's little birthday party was the finish line in my head. No my house wouldn't be completed and the unpacking wouldn't be done, but I was going to put all my energy into getting the main parts of the house and the main big projects done before the playroom was over run by little kids. I got it mostly done, and then Erica came over last night and gave me that final nudge and help I needed to get it completed. I even managed to make the cake that Annie has been begging for.
Annie had lots of her friends come over and celebrate her birthday with her. She had so much fun, and showed her little personality when she refused to smile for a picture. We sang happy birthday to her and after a little practice she managed to blow the candles out.I'd also like to point out the for the second year in a row... for her, all her years... she has a lollipop in her hand for the whole cake experience.
Annie's First Birthday
I love that little girl and what made the whole day for me was Annie came to me a little later and said, "Thank you for my Elmo birthday mommy, thank you." You don't get much better then that.

3 comments:

millerjk said...

Looks like Annie had a great birthday party...so impressed with the Elmo cake!

Jones said...

Love the cake! We were going to try and come but Eamon had a runny nose and I had a shower to go to also...sorry we missed it. We'll have to meet up at a park and go walking soon.

out numbered said...

I love the cake, was everyone red from enjoying the frosting? :)Happy Birthday Annie!