Wednesday, September 9, 2009

He Does Pay Attention!

I've assigned Alex a new task. I've decided to have a compost pile in hopes that we can improve the condition of the clay around here. So when the compost bowl in the house is full, Alex's job is to take it to the hole I dug in the back yard and dump it for me. What I didn't expect is after he dumped the melon rines, banana peels, and corn husks, he went back and covered it with a little layer of dirt. It's exactly what my mom had told us to do. He then told me that we cover it to keep the flies away and to invite earth worms to come eat it. I can't believe he was listening enough to practice what he heard.

2 comments:

Stephen and Gabrielle said...

I love it! A little composter in the making! And I was tickled to read that starting a compost pile was on the top of your list of things to do:)

simplyso said...

That's MY grandson!!! But then, I should have known he'd catch on fast. Remember the pictures of him feeding the chickens earthworms??